THINGS YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE OBTAINING A MORTGAGE
Some bullet points for the buyer before securing a mortgage:
1. You should and can get the mortgage pre-approval before even start looking for a house. This will give you complete peace of mind when shopping for a home and on top of that, you will only look for houses in your budget and save yourself from disappointment.
2. It is very important to know what is the monthly dollar amount you are committing to spend comfortably every month on the mortgage payments.
3. The type of mortgage you get should also consider your long-term goals and future situations and plans, such as increment in the salary, how long you plan to stay in this house, what are the current mortgage rates, etc.
4. Make sure to ask if you have an option to change the payment frequency and make pre-payments such as from monthly to bi-weekly which will benefit you in the long run and cut down on the number of mortgage years.
5. Portable and the assumable mortgage is beneficial when you like to move before the term expires and save you from the hefty penalties.
6. It is important to involve a professional specializing in mortgage. In the same way, every client dealing in real estate should have their own real estate agent to protect their rights.
The way you structure your mortgage could save or cost you thousands of dollars. Whether you are buying your first home or moving to the next home, it is critical that you inform yourself about the factors involved.
For further detailed information on any of the items above, you can contact me directly at 647 300 3643 and I'll be happy to connect you with the right person.
Monika Vaid, Realtor @ Re/Max Gold Realty
647 300 3643